The Sikkim Sojourn
May 13th - May 21st, 2023
Take a journey back in time as we journey through the expansive North Sikkim plateau and the ancient trading route of the Ottoman Empire. Close to 1000 km, this experiential road trip takes you to one of the highest glacial lakes on the planet, the Gurudongmar, higher than the Everest Base camp itself! We also explore other hidden gems of North Sikkim, Yumthang Valley and the Silk Route traversing over Nathu La all the way to Zuluk in East Sikkim.
09 Days | 08 Nights
Boutique - Comfort
Day 1: Arrival In Siliguri
Touch down in Siliguri - a bustling yet quaint town! Known for its tea farms & rustic Bengali streets, Siliguri feels like an affair back in time. Meet the team at our luxurious motel and rest up for the remaining part of the day. An orientation session and a team briefing are organized to apprise you of what to expect over the next 9 days. Introductions and discussions lead to bonding which will be essential and useful in the upcoming tour.
Day 2: Bagdogra - Gangtok
Wake up leisurely and treat yourself to a wholesome breakfast. We board cabs and drive up to the capital of Sikkim. Despite being a popular hill station, Gangtok has retained its charm and feels like heaven on days it is covered with clouds. Most of our day, we coast along the 'Teesta' river and enjoy the stunning views and cross the famed tea farms of Siliguri. Within an hour, our drive will go from plains to winding mountain roads. Ends the day in a plush hotel, soaking in the serene hills.
Day 3: Gangtok - Lachen
It is an early start today. The off-road ride takes us all the way up to North Sikkim, the gateway for people who plan to visit Gurudongmar Lake. Witness the mesmerising confluence of Lachen and Teesta, while feasting your eyes with the upcoming view of the snow-clad peaks. Our day ends at Lachen, the last big village on our journey towards the Gurudongmar.
Day 4: Lachen - Gurudongmar - Lachung
Arguably the most scenic day of the tour. The landscapes from here on get heavenly but the roads are more challenging. Our ride is marked with crests and troughs all day to reach ‘Gurudongmar' - the legendary lake higher than Everest base camp itself. Spend some time and feast your eyes on the different shades of Gurudongmar.
Day 5: Lachung - Yumthang - Lachung
Our day starts by scaling the trails of Yumthang valley, also known as the valley of 'Rhododendrons'. The views of the rustic mountains carved by the Teesta river are magical. Today’s highlight is to visit the Zero point in Yumthang valley and also use the day as rest from the tiring ride of the previous day. Explore the gorgeous Lachung Gompa in the evening and have a chill-out session at our cottages
Day 6: Lachung - Gangtok
Following the last two cold yet rewarding days, we take it easy and take it downhill this day. A good night's or day's sleep will let your body recuperate for the next leg of this epic road trip. Some local attractions such as ‘Ganesh Tok’ and ‘Rumtek Monastery' can be visited today. Alternatively, one can roam around the markets of Gangtok and shop for souvenirs or simply explore the various eateries to satiate your taste buds.
Day 7: Gangtok - Nathu La - Gnathang
A lot of stops today, leading to an exploration of the mighty Nathu La, Tsomgo Lake, a view of the magnificent Kanchenjunga, Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir and the gateway to Eastern Sikkim. After crossing Nathu La, the trail takes us to the high and cold Gnathang valley. Our stay today is more experiential, as we will get some warmth from a homestay in this high-altitude valley
Day 8: Gnathang - Zuluk - Gangtok
You will experience travelling back in time today. This very trail was used by ancient traders dating back to almost the 2nd Century BC. The hairpin bends of the Silk Route at Zuluk will bend your mind. One of the best riding days of this tour, it takes us along the route chalked to the new Sikkim airport at 'Pakyong'. We will make our way back to Gangtok and rest up for the day
Day 9: Gangtok - Bagdogra
The last day of the tour takes us back on the windy & hilly roads of Southern Sikkim, As we reach Siliguri, the easy cruising on the impeccable highways, all the way to Bagdogra, is a nice and welcoming change. It's a poetic end to an epic tour, as we come full circle to the end where it all began!
Package Type Cost (INR) Own Vehicle (Motorcycle/Car) 61,225.00 + 5% GST Rental Motorcycle* 77,550.00 + 5% GST Seat In Support Vehicle** 61,225.00 + 5% GST
* Royal Enfield Himalayans issues as standard rentals
** Maximum of 2 people can be accommodated in the support vehicle
● Stays on double/twin sharing
● Breakfast & dinner during the course of the tour
● Support vehicle for carrying luggage and bike(s) in case of emergencies
● An experienced tour leader and support crew for the duration of the trip
● Nomadic Soul goodie bag
● Oxygen cylinder & basic first-aid kit
● Curated experiences like picnic lunches/hi-teas, cocktail parties etc..
● Sightseeing as per itinerary, entry fees, inner line permits and tolls wherever applicable
● Lunches on all days
● Airfares and airport transfers
● Fuel for motorcycles
● Any transport costs apart from the above-mentioned plan
● Costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances like roadblocks, weather conditions, government restrictions etc...
● Room service charges at all hotels/resorts/camps
● GST charges at 5%
● Any expenses of personal nature like laundry, alcohol etc...
● Riding gear
● Exigent expenses like roadside assistance, ambulance expenses etc...
● Anything and everything that's not listed under the inclusions section
● An advance of 30% of the total sale value has to be paid to confirm your participation in the tour
● The remaining 70% of the total sale value has to be cleared by the participants at least 15 days before the scheduled departure date that the participant has opted for
● Failure to adhere to the above-mentioned policies might result in the cancellation of your booking
● A participant is eligible for only a 50% refund of the amount paid if he/she cancels the tour 30 days before the scheduled departure date of the tour
● A participant forfeits 100% of the amount paid if he/she cancels within 30 days of the scheduled departure date of the tour
● Nomadic Soul Adventures LLP will hold the right to cancel/reschedule the tour in case of unforeseen circumstances like government lockdowns, inclement weather, civil unrest and other acts of god. In such cases, the participants will be issued a voucher equivalent to the amount paid that can be redeemed against any future tour/experience hosted by Nomadic Soul Adventures LLP. These vouchers will be transferable in nature under extraordinary circumstances. A monetary refund will not be issued under any circumstance